Ox Eye Sunflower
Produces huge quantities of brilliant yellow-orange flowers from June to September. Very easy to grow. Seeds are great for the birds! Excellent cut flower lasting up to 10 days. Grows 2-5' tall. Self-sows; does not spread by rhizomes.
- Self-seeding and hardy to zone 4
- Plants grow to 2-5 feet tall
- Long-lasting yellow-orange flowers
- Blooms from June through September
Instructions - Sow seeds indoors just under surface of soil in late winter or early spring. Also germinates readily when sown into a weed-free seedbed in fall, spring, or early summer. Prefers a moderately rich loam, clay, or slightly damp sandy soil. Will tolerate very light shade.
- Start Indoors: 8-10 weeks before planting out
- Germination: 10-15 Days
- Plant Outdoors: 24-36” Apart
- Light: Full Sun