White Cypress Vine
This annual plant produces maSeed Savers Exchanges of five-pointed small white flowers. Normally only available in red. Feathery fern-like foliage reaching a height of 15-20'. Hundreds of blooms throughout the season, a favorite with hummingbirds. For sunny spots, fences, or pots.
- Half-hardy annual plant
- Please note: The Arizona Department of Agriculture prohibits the sale of any plant in the genus of Ipomoea, which includes White Cypress Vine flower.
- Vines will grow up to 15-20 feet long with support
- Star-shaped white flowers and feathery foliage
- A favorite with hummingbirds
- Grows well along fences and trellises or in containers
Instructions - Plant seeds outdoors after the last frost. Seeds can be slightly chipped and soaked in warm water for 24 hours before planting for better results. Prefers full sun and moist average soil.
- Direct Seed: 1/2" Deep
- Germination: 15-21 Days
- Thin: 4-6" Apart
- Support: Trellis or Arbor
Ratings & Reviews
Pretty but Invasive
by D Row
The vine is very pretty, but invasive! One piece survived the Florida weather. I planted in 2021. In 2022 I had an abundance. It reseeds quickly, into other beds, it did 2022 season
We are sorry to hear about your experience with the vining White Cypress. It is a self seeding vining plant, so it does take some maintenance to keep it out of unwanted areas. We hope you will try another one of our flower varieties next season!
These are a little slower to grow. They take some time, but they are beautiful in the end. Seem to tolerate partial shade pretty well. I want more but they are sold out...